The most annoying question EVER: Why are you single? They think it’s a compliment, like they’re telling you you’re pretty or something. Or worse, it could be an implication that there is something wrong with being single.
Not that it is anyone’s business, but I have an answer. It may include one or all of the below:
1. I’m not patient enough so before anything gets serious, I end it. (This is the usual cause.)
2. Others aren’t patient enough to break through my shell. This could be me misreading their intentions. I can never tell.
3. This kinky thing scares them away OR they are kinky and fail to respect my limits.
4. They don’t challenge me/make me laugh/make me think.
5. My anxiety gets the best of me and, like number 1, I end it before it gets serious.
But, the 6th and final reason is the most important. I am single because I do not need anyone else to make my life complete. Sure, the company is nice and I enjoy being in relationships, but I am happy on my own too. If I can’t be happy alone, I have ZERO business getting myself into a romantic relationship.